This is pretty friggen badass! Microsoft project Courier is building a dual screen tablet pc, called a booklet, probably running Windows 7 and connected to the cloud. These images are courtesy of Gizmodo, as the watermark indicates. Bite it Apple.
Gizmodo reports that it is in the late stages of prototype mode so what you are seeing may be very close to reality. It packs two 7”+ screens with multi-touch and like tablets is designed for writing, flicking, and writing with the stylus and fingers. The actual user interface isnt yet clear but looks like a large home button and much more visual that we are used to.
One lame piece, according to the pictures, is a wimpy little 3MP camera. Camera = Cool but Camera + Low Resolution = Lame Ass
Have a look at the pictures below and decide for yourself.
Apparently the yacht built for Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich has an anti-photo shield.
Here’s how it works. When the crew monitoring the waters suspects lingering paparazzi they activate the shield which then uses lasers to scan the surroundings for CCD. The laser will then shoot a pulse of light into the lens of the camera to destroy the photo.
The UK photo magazine Amateur Photographer has already asked a lawyer in London if destroying photo’s from afar is legal. Here’s what he said: “intermeddling with goods belonging to someone else, or altering their condition, is a trespass to goods and will entitle the photographer to claim compensation without having to prove loss.”
Here are a few other things build into this massive 557 foot, $1.2 billion yacht, named Eclipse:
2 x helipads
2 x swimming pools
1 x 6 foot screen in each guest room (not sure how many rooms)
1 x mini-submarine
50+ x missile-proof windows
In a down economy everyone is trying to figure out how to save money. Here at ThatsBadAss.com we want you to be able to afford the funner things in life.
So here is our top 5 worst ways for cutting costs:
- Sell your pants and go pants free. You might get fired and your neighbors might try to jump your bones. There’s a good chance you’ll also get arrested for indecent exposure. The money you’ll make from selling your pants, and the money you’ll save on not replacing them, or washing pants, will quickly be eaten up by lost income and legal fees.
- Sell your children on eBay. As far as I know, it’s quite illegal to sell humans on eBay. So you can’t cut your grocery bills by reducing the number of mouths to feed. And before you ask, Craigslist is off limits as well. Sorry.
- Steal gas for your vehicle. Gas is creeping up in price again, and it’s not as cheap to fill up as it used to be. Don’t tell me that you haven’t been tempted to fill up and then floor it – racing away. Unfortunately, the attendant is sure to write down your tag number and call the cops. Once again, fines and legal fees will negate any savings here.
- Eat other people’s food at restaurants. By this, I don’t mean share food with your spouse / meal companion. Rather, I mean walk through a restaurant, casually snagging a breadstick from one table, a bite of steak from another, and a shrimp from another. Ignoring potential legal troubles, and being thrown out of your favorite restaurants, this strategy is likely to leave you with a bloody nose, and the hand of an angry patron.
- Stop showering. No more daily showers – think of the money you’ll save on water, and heating all that water! This one has to be a winner, right? Well, no. Your kids will avoid you, your wife will leave you, and your boss isn’t likely to keep you around for long. Unless you work at a fish market for a living. In that case, skip the showers all you want!