It’s still not hitting the bulk of Nexus Ones as far as we can tell, but for what it’s worth, Google has unleashed the source code for Android 2.2 today, which is a solid sign that the code’s been bulletproofed to the Open Handset Alliance’s satisfaction and is ready for deployment across a number of phones from different manufacturers and carriers. It’s still ultimately up to a bunch of gatekeepers in suits to decide when various models will get the upgrade, but this is basically zero day — so let the countdown begin.
Permalink || Email this | Comments
Props to Engadget
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)