These robots were built as a cooperative effort between MIT and the University of Tokyo, apparently Japans version of MIT. Both can pitch, bat, and demand millions of dollars per year just for showing up… Alright maaayyybeee not demanding the nice salary, but they can bat and pitch…
As the video shows, both in normal speed and slow motion, one robot, lets call it a pitchbot, has been fitted with a three fingered hand and will throw the ball towards the other robot, the batbot. The bot that has the bat type appendage, instead of the hand, then swings to connect with the ball. Watch the two ray gun looking things on either side of the batbot. They are apparently the eyes that determine the location of the ball so the connection can occur.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)