We’ll admit it: we’re jaded. There is so much bad, middling and just okay stuff floating around in the portable speaker universe that we’re tired of even thinking about it. We’ve had our distinct favorite — the Tivoli iPal — for almost 10 years now, and it takes a lot to knock it off its unglamorous, but distinctive, pedestal. And we predict that it will continue to stay there. But newcomer Beacon has a hot little number in a soft-touch red dress that we’re willing to put right next to it on a slightly more diminutive pedestal. The $ 99, baseball-sized, Bluetooth-packing Phoenix has gotten under our collective skins, and we’d like to tell you why.
Gallery: Beacon Audio Phoenix review
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)