It’s beginning on a very limited basis, but Bharti Airtel is achieving a rather significant milestone in India: it’s set to become the very first operator to deploy LTE service within the country. Having won spectrum for four markets nearly two years ago, the company will debut its ZTE-built 2300MHz next-gen network in Kolkata (Calcutta). There’s no word on when the coverage will expand to the other three circles — the operator’s announced that Nokia Siemens will be heading up the effort in Maharashtra later this year, followed by Punjab and Karnataka — but we imagine the initial deployment will be a good test to make sure Bharti’s network is up to the task first.
Permalink| | Email this | Comments
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)