The videos below are just freaking BADASS, or just plain freaky!
This is a project out of Boston Dynamics dubbed BigDog, the most advanced rough terrain robot on earth. It walks, runs (4 mph in tests), climbs (up to 35 degrees) carrying heavy loads, and can adjust to slippery conditions such as snow or mud. The legs work much like the animal it is modeled after with articulating joints. Powered by a hydraulic actuation system it recycles energy with each step and can adjust to the terrain dynamically. This model is 3 feet long, 2.5 feet tall and weighs 240 lbs. Using the gyro it can also maintain stability when side impact occurs, as seen in the video below.
In the first of the videos I keep expecting to see it lift its leg on the tree.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)