Those reports we heard about Best Buys in the US selling off remaining inventory of the HP TouchPad? Turns out they’re true, and the “fire sale” is taking place nationwide online and in stores. The FAQ page in the retailer’s forums has been updated to announce that it’s reversed the decision to ship everything back to HP, and we’ve also received leaked screenshots confirming the news as well. Best Buy’s online store currently shows the TouchPad as sold out and unavailable in stores, and company reps are hesitant to give official word on exactly how much inventory is left at this point. If the online status doesn’t change between now and sunrise, we have a strong feeling you should expect a Black Friday-style line waiting for you at the brick-and-mortars.
[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]
Permalink| | Email this | Comments
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)