We’ve seen plans for a Dell consumer-focused tablet in 2012, but now it looks like the company is looking to jump into Windows 8 with an enterprise tablet “on the exact day” the new OS comes out. In an interview with Bloomberg, CEO Michael Dell said that there was strong demand for a “secure Windows tablet that works with all the Windows applications.” In a separate interview, the head of Dell’s Asia division said that the company would still release tablets and smartphones based on the Android platform, but that it would focus on “leading the market” in Windows 8 tablets.
This latest interview reiterates what Dell’s enterprise group president recently told PC Pro: “we’re no longer a PC company, we’re an IT company.” Instead of consumer…
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)