Question by alias_in_nottingham: For Robotics, is Computer Science or Computer Engineering better?
I know there are obviously several ways to work with robotics, but from a computing perspective, if I were looking for a career in robotics, what are the different directions these two programs could lead? What could I do in robotics with each of these degrees?
Answer by Gary B
Computer science is better. From a computer standpoint in robots, most of your work is PROGRAMMING, not design. Therefore, computer SCIENCE is better than computer ENGINEERING.
From an overall robotics standpoint, you want MECHANICAL engineering, not computer engineering. Robots are 90% mechanical, and about 10% computer.
Give your answer to this question below!
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)