Diversification is the key to longevity. With that likely in mind, GameStop just announced widespread availability of Android tablets throughout its chain of retail stores. This comes after a 200 store trial that started last October.
These aren’t ordinary Android tablets, though. GameStop is pre-loading the Samsung, Asus, Acer, and Toshiba with extra gaming titles such as Sonic CD, Riptide, the Kongregate Arcade app and a free issue of GameStop’s gaming mag, Game Informer. Thanks to these extras and with prices that are inline with other stores, GameStop actually has a chance to capture a bit of the tablet market.
GameStop has recently been bulking up its non-game retail stock in a likely attempt to stop the bleeding. While brick and mortar locations still focus mainly on video games, the website offers headphones, tablet accessories, even refurbished iPods and iPads. The company started testing selling Android tablets last October. Today’s announcement states loud and clear that GameStop sees a future in Android tablets even if no one else does.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)