This isn’t particularly shocking news, and we’ve heard information to this effect before, but now it’s straight from Google Taiwan. They say that Acer and Samsung will both have Chrome OS notebooks coming out in the first half of 2011.
The Cr-48, on which they debuted the OS, is a brandless machine which people suspect is manufactured by Infinitec. Digitimes believes HP and Infinitec may be collaborating for a 2011 machine. Certainly HP will want to hit up some Chrome, since they’ve made such an effort lately with the ultraportables and ultralight laptops.
Again, we could have guessed that of course the major players would want to have a horse in the race, but now we know for sure. Timing isn’t very exact, though. Of course, the OS isn’t even done yet. I guess we better give them a break for a bit.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)