It took complete failure to do it, but it looks like Modu founder Dov Moran finally found that new source of capital he went hunting for last November. In an effort to pay back creditors and unpaid wages, the firm’s patent portfolio is slated to be snatched up by Google for roughly $ 4.8 million. What’s Mountain View going to do with a mess of ultra-lite modular phone patents? It didn’t come up, but we wouldn’t be too surprised if it had something to do with its Danger-powered hardware wing and Android Open Accessory. Putting Modu to rest hasn’t phased ‘ol Dov, though; Israeli news source Calcalist reports that he’s already invested three million smackers in a mysterious new start up — about which Moran remains tight lipped. Goodnight, Modu; we’ll always remember you as the audacious underdog who had the brass to tell Nokia to say their prayers.
Permalink| | Email this | Comments
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)