A Flashback trojan, that affected more than 600,000 OS X users earlier this month, has industry experts discussing Apple’s response to Mac malware and its future prospects on security related issues. Eugene Kaspersky, CEO and co-founder of security company Kaspersky Lab, believes that Apple is “10 years behind Microsoft in terms of security.” Citing the relative success of the Flashback infections in an interview with CBR, Kaspersky predicts that cyber criminals will progress to create “more and more” malware in the future.
Although, given Kaspersky’s background, you could easily dismiss his claims as fear mongering to push sales of anti-virus software, he does speculate that Apple will face the “same problems Microsoft had ten or 12…
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)