I’m in absolute love. From the gorgeous wood cabinet to the technical capabilities, the little Vers’ 1Q is simply perfect. The $ 120 price ($ 99 for Kickstarters) is just icing on the cake. It’s rather refreshing to see a warm, nearly alive device in our world that’s generally filled with modeled plastic and faux chrome trim.
Simply put, the 1Q is a battery-powered Bluetooth speaker. A 2-inch driver provides the audio while, packed inside the walnut or bamboo casing, a 6.5W amp powers the audio provided from either Bluetooth or the 3.5mm jack. The included battery charges via microUSB and should last 10 hours on a charge. What more can you ask for from a small speaker?
As shown by the pictures, the whole package is of a modest size. It fits in the hand, yet the creator brags that it “can easily deliver enough sound to fill some pretty large spaces.” Since it works with Bluetooth or an aux input, it should work with nearly every device.
The project is already funded on Kickstarter but they are still taking orders for 18 more days. Pledge $ 95 for a 1Q made out of either bamboo or walnut. Or, pledge $ 30 for the limited edition red beech edition. Best yet the Vers promises these things will be delivered well before the holidays.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)