- Android 2.2 Operating System
- Fast 3G connectivity
- Onscreen keyboard with Swype input
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1)
- What’s in the Box:LG Optimus handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual
Do more on Android with this 3G and Wi-Fi capable prepaid smartphone. Navigate on a 3.2″ touchscreen with a virtual QWERTY keyboard and Swype text entry. Photos and web pages look fantastic on a bright, 3.2-inch QVGA display, and multitasking is a snap on the 600 MHz processor. Make calls, send messages, play music, and more hands-free using Google Voice Actions. Stream music 24/7 from past and present Virgin Mobile Festival artists with Virgin Mobile Live. Studio tracks, exclusive Festival performances, and more–it’s all free.
Featuring a 3.2″ QVGA touchscreen display. View larger
Multitask seamlessly with an Android 2.2 OS. View larger
Google Android OS with Thousands of Applications
The LG Optimus runs on the Android 2.2 operating system (OS) from Google, and is a Google Experience Device. The Android 2.2 OS is designed specifically for touch screen devices, and makes navigation and operation intuitive and enjoyable. You’ll have integrated access to all your favorite Google services and applications, including Google Search by Voice, Picasa, Google Talk, and more. You’ll also have access to both personal and corporate email, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. Also included is Google Maps Navigation, which provides GPS-based turn-by-turn voice guidance to get you where you need to go. Useful tools such as an alarm clock, calculator, and stopwatch are all included.
The Android OS lets you multitask so you can listen to music, browse the web, receive email, and more–all at the same time. If someone calls you, you can take the call and then resume what you were doing without interruption.
Want apps? You got ‘em. Not by the dozens, but by the thousands. Thousands of apps are available at Android Market–everything from time-mode games and critical business tools to entertainment apps and real-time news widgets. More are added every day.
The LG Optimus from Virgin Mobile weighs 4.7 ounces and measures 4.5 x 2.3 x 0.5 inches. It comes with a standard capacity lithium-ion battery that offers up to 6 hours of talking time and up to 7 days of standby time. It runs on Sprint’s 3G 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What’s in the Box
LG Optimus handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual.
Virgin Mobile Prepaid Pricing
With Virgin Mobile, you can pay only for the calling time you use. You can choose a monthly Beyond Talk plan with unlimited data and messaging and just the right amount of talk minutes for your needs.
|Beyond Talk Unlimited Plans|
Virgin Mobile customers have access to the Sprint Nationwide Network, reaching more than 278 million people across the United States (see a map of Virgin Mobile’s coverage area).
- Fast 3G connectivity via Sprint’s 3G network
- Powered by the Android 2.2 operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market
- Preloaded Voice Actions from Google allow you to send texts and e-mails, navigate to local restaurants, search the web, or play music–all simply by speaking
- Built-in GPS for real-time location on maps, driving directions, and more (additional charges may apply)
- Google Maps Navigation (Beta) provides free, pre-loaded turn-by-turn voice guidance. Powered by Google and requiring an Internet connection, it enables you to simply say “Navigate to [your destination]” to get on your way. See live traffic, use Street View or satellite imagery to view your route, and get access to the most recent maps and business information from Google Maps without ever needing to update your device
- 3.2-inch touchscreen display (480 x 320 pixels, 16 million color depth)
- Onscreen keyboard
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion. The Swype technology then calculates what word you’re intending to type
- 3.2-megapixel auto-focus camera/camcorder
- Digital media player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files plus MPEG4 video formats
- FM radio
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- 2 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Access to popular instant messaging services
- Access to personal and work e-mail (supports Microsoft Exchange corporate e-mail)
- HTML Web browser
- Organizer tools including calendar, voice memo, calculator, and alarm
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- USB connectivity with mass storage and charging capabilities
- 3.5mm headset/headphone jack
An alternative to the Android virtual keyboard, the Swype virtual keyboard allows you to input text by swiping the finger with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard. Based on testing, speed and accuracy are equal to or better than the traditional keyboard-tapping method. You can activate the Swype keyboard by pressing and holding in a text field, wait for popup to appear, click Input Method, and then select Swype.
In the image to the right, the word “quick” was generated from tracing the path shown above in a fraction of a second, by roughly aiming to pass through the letters of the word. A key advantage to Swype is that there is no need to be very accurate, enabling very rapid text entry.
Also Available for this Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
List Price: $ 199.99
Price: $ 85.99
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)