NEC did it again: about 11 months after unveiling the world’s slimmest smartphone at that time, the company is ready to release another super-thin Android phone with a set of impressive specs (via Japan’s biggest mobile carrier NTT Docomo). Dubbed MEDIAS ES N-05D [JP], the handset will hit Japanese stores in February or March this year.
NEC rolled out quite a few Medias-branded Android phones in recent months, but this model is just 6.7mm thin and has the best specs.
Here are the main features:
- Android 2.3.6
- waterproof body
- 4.3-inch LCD with 720×1280 resolution
- 8.1MP CMOS camera with NEC’s Exmor R for mobile engine
- dual-core MSM8260 CPU (1.5GHz)
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal memory
- Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC e-wallet function
- infrared connection
- digital TV tuner
- microSD card slot, microUSB slot
- 1400mAh battery
- connectivity to Casio’s G-SHOCK GB-6900 watch
- size: 130×67×6.7mm, weight: 110g
The MEDIAS ES N-05D might reach markets outside Japan at some point in the future, but there is no official word from NEC yet.
Via IT Media [JP]
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)