Canadian AWS provider Mobilicity is moving up in this world — up in speeds, at least. The carrier announced its intentions to upgrade its network to “4G” later this year, offering peak download speeds of 21Mbps. When we reached out for clarification, we were informed that Mobilicity is actually deploying HSPA+ 21Mbps: according to a spokesperson, it “will leverage the full capabilities of our HSPA+ network.” It’s a hefty improvement over its current 7.2Mbps status, but the usual “4G or faux-G” argument still applies here. No specifics on exact timing or breadth of coverage were given, but feel free to peruse the press release below.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)