Everyone loves diggers: Motorola’s let that natural fascination get the better of it by teaming up with digger-maker JCB to produce a ruggedized version of its Defy+ “life proof” phone. The limited-edition handset comes pre-loaded with branded-applications for the construction site including a spirit-level, theodolite, decibel meter and a DIY store locator: although we’re more interested in seeing if you can use the tough device to hammer in nails. The Gingerbread-with-Motoblur operating cellular telephone has a 1GHz processor, 2GB internal storage / 2GB microSD card (up to the usual 32GB) and a 3.7-inch Gorilla Glass display. There’s also a five megapixel camera for snapping pictures of diggers and digger-related items — best of all, you can use the handset as a walkie-talkie with group call functionality. It’ll be available in the UK (sorry, America) for £260, meanwhile you can pneumatically drill-down into the PR we’ve got after the break.
Continue reading Motorola’s UK Defy+ gets rugged JCB-treatment, still useless for excavating
Permalink | | Email this | Comments
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)