Panasonic and Sanyo have only been life partners for about a year and a half now, but already the relationship has created a bundle of joy — of a sort. Hot on the heels of some less-than-chipper financial news comes word that Panasonic is spinning off a portion of Sanyo. Sanyo DI Solutions is the name for the new creation, which will represent the company’s efforts in producing OEM digital cameras — cameras that get slapped with other manufacturers’ labels before being sold as such. According to AV Watch, Panasonic’s ownership had put a strain on Sanyo’s fragile manufacturing partnerships, partnerships that can now bear beautiful, rebadged fruit. Sanyo DI Solutions will start with 10 million yen in capital and will go fully independent on July 1st. Hopefully it remembers to call home from time to time.
Permalink| | Email this | Comments
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)