We hope you weren’t too excited about getting a Pebble Blue-tinged Galaxy S III in May, because we’re seeing unconfirmed reports that the darker Hyperglazed hue might not be available for everyone in the first round of launches. Some would-be customers, primarily in Nordic countries but also in Asia-Pacific, Europe and Persian Gulf states, have been told that only the Marble White color will be on shelves at first. Most of the consensus, based on retailer notices, is that demand for blue is straining supply. Samsung Benelux’s press lead Vivian Peters told Tweakers.net that at least the Netherlands wouldn’t be getting the stealthier color until early June, but didn’t confirm a rumor that there had been flaws in the blue plastic backplates that might have triggered shortages. There hasn’t been mention of problems for the heavily-hyped UK launch.
We reached out to a Samsung spokesman ourselves and were told only that the company “does not comment on rumors or speculation” — a slightly unusual statement given what Peters said on the record, but it does lead us to take at least the more dire claims with a grain of salt.
Permalink| | Email this | Comments
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)