Like the last viral video for Prometheus, this latest video focuses on Michael Fassbender’s David, a “cybernetic individual” designed to nearly indistinguishable from mankind. This time, the viral runs like a full promotional video for the David product, freeing Fassbender from his dry cleaning bag womb so that he might answer some questions about his abilities. And according the footage, he has quite a few abilities: He can assist employees! He can play chess! He can carry out directives his human counterparts might find “…distressing, or unethical,” which sure sounds like an ominous portent of what’s to come in Prometheus… But, hey, forget that! David can also smell flowers! And he can think about angels, in case you want David to function as your smiling grandmother gazing out her front porch screen. Though he feels no emotion, David can also be brought to tears by thoughts of war and poverty. Listening to “Imagine” on headphones just fucking wrecks him, I bet.
Meet David yourself with the video below. Don’t worry: yes, David can paint your little train set people for you.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)