The Logitech forums are alive with music, or rather screenshots, or rather, if I’m honest, one screenshot. Yes, one user has reported that the 3.1 software has appeared on his Revue box. Users of Sony Google TV products already received this update more than a month ago, so Logitech users are probably foaming with righteous anger and expectation. But the screenshot does suggest that the update is being seeded, and if it’s anything like other updates, will roll out over the next week or two.
Google TV 2.0, as we call it, is based on 3.1 and is a significant improvement over the original interface. But as we noted, there’s a lot of functionality still left out. The slickest interface in the world can’t help you if there’s nothing to watch.
Engadget was tipped off first, but the press release they cite is from last year, so the December 17th date isn’t actually applicable. And although the user on the forums promised more pictures, none have been forthcoming and no other users have reported the update going through. An isolated case? Possibly, but it wouldn’t be the first time an update went out to a few isolated units before going live.
There’s not much more to say. But if you’re the proud owner of a Revue, you might boot it up a few times tonight and tomorrow to see if it picks up the update.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)