This is a shot of what the ROAMS, Remotely Operated Autonomous Mapping System, vehicle outputs.
It travels around by itself and uses 5 cameras for navigation. One on the front, two angled bumper cameras, rear facing, and "birds eye view" (basically the level of a humans eyes that can be panned for a full 360 view).
There is also a 2D laser system that gathers distance and position data. That in combination with the camera’s allows for some pretty impressive 3D mapping.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)