This little gem of a prototype robotic hand was designed and built by the Robotics and Mechanisms Laboratory, RoMeLa Project, at the Virginia Tech College of Engineering. The project is dubbed RAPHael, short for Robotic Air Powered Hand and Elastic Ligaments. The robotic hand can hold heavier solid objects as well as light delicate items without crushing them. Even things such as eggs and light bulbs are safe. The hand is powered by a 60psi compressed air tank and movement is achieved using a accordion style tube actuator making motors unnecessary.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)