src="http://www.slipperybrick.com/index.php?feedimage=wp-content/uploads/2010/08/color-epaper.jpg" alt="" title="Samsung to exit e-paper business" width="500" height="478" class="alignnone size-full wp-image-51263" />Samsung has announced that they will no longer be in the e-paper panel production industry, citing “cost issues” and a dim view of e-paper’s future. This is interesting news, because if a giant like Samsung is walking away from the e-paper business, who else is getting ready to leave?
Samsung will still be involved with the e-book reader market though and will release a new model next year that will ditch e-paper in favor of an LCD display. Poor sales obviously helped fuel this decision.
Props to SlipperyBrick.com
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)