We had a pretty clear indication that some official word was coming soon, and Sony, Toshiba and Hitachi have now confirmed that they intend to pool their LCD manufacturing efforts and form a new joint venture (expected to be completed by the spring of 2012). That effort is getting a $ 2.6 billion shot in the arm courtesy of a Japanese government-backed investment fund, which itself will own 70 percent of the new company — to be dubbed Japan Display — while Sony, Toshiba and Hitachi will each get a 10 percent share.
Permalink| | Email this | Comments
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)