If you wake up to find the Splashtop Streamer widget on your PC or Mac begging to be updated, then it’s probably worth it — especially if you have a new iPad lying around. Splashtop 2 has been optimized to work with the Retina display, which makes it a cinch to squeeze your entire Windows or OS X desktop onto the 10-inch screen without it looking terrible. The system has also been redesigned to avoid the need to enter IP addresses, port numbers or Google account details. Instead, you’ll create a new Splashtop 2 login that should work once across all your devices. Lastly, the UI seems a lot friendlier, there’s a new in-app purchase to “supercharge” network performance, and there’s also improved support for fluid video streaming at up to 30fps. (Alas, there’s still no fullscreen support for Windows Media Center users though.) The new streamer and iPad app are available now, while the Android update should arrive soon. Want to see it in action? Head past the break for the promo video.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)