The great philosopher, Huey Lewis, once mused that it was “hip to be square.” And it looks like he might have been right. The nifty geometrically-named payment widget is fast gaining popularity, no doubt thanks to its simplicity and accessibility. The system’s had basic loyalty functions for a while, but now, users of its Pay with Square app can rack up loyalty points for repeat visits, or certain spend amounts. That means no more scratching around trying to find that bent up punch card, just pay up and — literally — reap the rewards. New customers can also now be lured in with the ability for retailers to add first visit specials. Merchants also get an upgrade, including real-time in-app analytics and the ability to give on the spot discounts. Great news, of course, though we wonder if it’ll extend to a free ride home?
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)