If the iPad 2nd-gen gets a Retina display, what will the resolution be?
I've been thinking about the idea of the iPad 2nd-gen getting a Retina display for a while now, specifically because it presents some distinct technological challenges for Apple to overcome. Doubling the dimensions (and quadrupling the number of pixels) of the iPhone was a huge step forward, but was well within the range of technological feasibility:
Original iPhone: 480 x 320 = 153,600 pixels at 165 PPI
iPhone 4: 960…
gdgt – new in gadgets
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)