Although Tesla has already delivered the first Model S to its eager owner, the fledgling automaker is still offering a steady stream of treats to those patiently waiting for the official June 22nd date. Drivers who spring for the Signature Series trim level of the EV sedan now get a year’s worth of mobile data at no extra cost, a bonus no doubt helpful for buyers who get lost on the first drive. Regardless of which Model S might eventually find the driveway in the future, Tesla is providing a look at how it paints the car’s chosen color. Each aluminum shell is dipped in an electro-coating solution, baked in an oven, water-sealed and given its final clear coat paint by robots — no dealer will be charging extra for weatherproofing here. It’s all appropriately futuristic, and you can get a peek at the whole process in the video after the break as well as at the source.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)