The cost of entry into the world of film is constantly dropping. A new Kickstarter project from Nice Industries called The Aviator is attempting to bring it even lower. The product is a portable, low-cost camera jib that, as the Kickstarter page explains, when mounted, allows for cinematic, sweeping camera scenes. The compact kit is designed for cameras weighing up to 6 lbs. That should cover most DLSRs even with a hefty lens.
The project already hit its Kickstarter funding goal of $ 20,000, but it’s still worth a look. This project, like so many others on the site, shows how a product can bypass the typical nonsense and hit the market by simply getting enough pre-orders.
The Aviator is currently available through several Kickstarter funding levels. Pledge $ 299 and net just the travel jib and not all the extras — there are only four of these remaining as of this post’s writing. For $ 399 supporters will get the Aviator travel jib along with a bunch of pertinent accoutrements. Feeling frisky? Spend $ 799 and get a carbon fiber edition that weighs even less.
So now with The Aviator, film makers just need to add a camera, a bit of talent, and plenty of vision to take a quality shot.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)