The Revolution of the Hacked Kinect, Part 1: Teaching Robots & the Blind to See
In 2007, Nintendo introduced the world to motion control video games with the Wii. Microsoft and Sony built on Nintendo’s phenomenal success, and released their own motion control products for the XBox 360 and Playstation 3 late in 2010: the Kinect and the Move . The Move is basically an improved Wiimote that looks like a sci-fi Harry Potter wand, but the Kinect just might be the most important …
Read more on Business Insider
Enryu rescue robot gets Fukushima mission
A rescue robot called Enryu is being deployed to the Fukushima nuclear plant. It will be the first Japanese robot to help move rubble.
Read more on CNET
CMU unveils photo system that can travel back in time
Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University’s Robotics Institute have developed computer browser technology to create the GigaPan Time Machine
Read more on Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)