What do you get when you cross a dj with a “Canadian roboticist?” An almost true-to-fiction Wall-E, that’s what. In this rendition of garbage-bot gone cute, amateur robotics enthusiast DJ Sures (yes, he makes music) hollowed out a U-Command Wall-E toy and fixed him up with some servo guts. The voice-activated, semi-autonomous modjob has a built-in eye camera that recognizes motion, colors and faces, coming the closest we’ve seen to replicating the CG-romantic. The whole AA-battery powered affair runs on the EZ-B Robot Controller software shown off by Sures in the video below. And unlike other past recreations, this little guy knows how to get down without the need for sped up video tricks. Clearly, the Pixar-bred bot’s become the unofficial icon of the homebrew robotics community, so where’s his official counterpart? You listening Disney? Get cracking.
Continue reading Wall-E meets his Canadian DJ maker, turns into a real robot toy (video)
Permalink| | Email this | Comments
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)