Question by lalaladedum: What is a button sensor, limit switch, and sonar sensor when you are talking about robotics?
What are they?
What do they do?
How many of them should you have in your robot?
Where should you place them in your robot?
Answer by MarkG
Button switch is a push button which activates when pressed. A limit switch is a type of switch that activates when an item reaches a desiginated point in its mechanical movement. To prevent an arm from being over extended a limit switch would be used to signal when the arm is fully extended. This limit switch could be a button switch
A sonar sensor is used to determine how far away an object is.
How many you have on your robot depends upon a number of factors such as the function of the robot and how much money you are willing to spend.
Where they are placed depends on how they are going to be used and how they work.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)