Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7.5 “Mango” update may arrive on September 15, according to reports.
Microsoft is currently preparing to release Windows Phone 7.5 “Mango” as an update to existing devices. Windows Phone OEMs are currently making subtle changes to their update packages to ensure each device is ready for Windows phone 7.5. WPCentral reports that a “well known” commercial software developer has claimed that Mango is arriving on September 15. The developer works with Microsoft directly according to the site and distributes Windows Phone, Android and iOS applications.
A September 15 distribution date for Windows Phone 7.5 ties in nicely with the unveiling of some new Windows Phone devices on September 1. Microsoft’s device partners are expected to reveal new Windows Phone 7.5 devices on Thursday that will be made available on carrier networks shortly. Separately, a report from We Love Windows Phone HK suggests that HTC is aiming for a September release of Mango on its existing devices. HTC is reportedly working on the RTM version of Windows Phone 7.5 (build 7720) and is applying patches and fixes ahead of a final certification from Microsoft.
Windows Phone 7.5 “Mango” update arriving on September 15? originally appeared at WinRumors.com.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Jailbreak For 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5/4.6/5.0/4.0.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 5 3G/3Gs & iPhone 5
- Nike Patents Marty McFly’s Self-Lacing Sneaker
- How can I put Movies on my HTC HD2 for free?
- The Five Best and Five Worst Mountain Dews of All Time (GeekDad Wayback Machine)